- On December 8, 2015
- 0 Comments
Cloud computing is a main technology trend that has permeated the market and simply grown ’organically’ in recent years. This relatively new approach to IT services gives individuals and businesses to choose how they’ll acquire or deliver IT services. Cloud computing has a significant potential impact on every aspect of IT and how users access their applications, information and business services. It’s an ideal way to manage all digital content without limitations. The technology is no longer a ’nice-to have’, but is becoming a part of any organization’s infrastructure. We’re seeing more and more businesses relying on mobile devices as the era of ’office working’ slowly draws to a close. The biggest appeal of Cloud services is their accessibility, scalability, elasticity, and constant innovation.
Elements of cloud
Cloud as IaaS is the hardware and software that powers servers, storage, networks, operating systems and provides virtualized computing resources over the Internet. It offers highly adaptable resources that users can demand to be adjusted.
Cloud as PaaS is the package of tools and services created to make coding and deploying the applications quick and efficient, without the complexity of buying and maintaining the software and infrastructure underneath it.
Finally, Cloud as SaaS represents applications which are created for end-users, and simply delivered over the web.
Anybody who considers to move to the cloud will want to plan which applications they move to SaaS. Usually companies start using Cloud for a specific solutions, such as: email newsletter campaign software, collaboration software for a specific project and tax or billing software used once a month.
Why choose Cloud?
Solutions offered by the cloud have become easily adaptable and allow intuitively use of Cloud. Practice has shown that the use of Cloud is necessary to perform a large range of jobs due numerous functions. It helps companies to remain competitive in the increasingly demanding market. Companies should always take into consideration the aspect of security, integrity and performance when they decide to use cloud solutions.
The advantages of Cloud computing is:
- Lower cost for software (because the software is paid only as much as is used)
- Always is available the latest version of the software
- Software support and information are available at each location where the user has access
- Lower maintenance costs and software upgrade
- No costs directly related to the purchase of hardware, their installation and configuration, and licenses
- Nowadays, it always includes antivirus protection and backup.
Despite the numerous advantages offered by Cloud computing, some companies remain distrustful towards the use of new technologies, especially Cloud. Their fears are tied to the security and the possibility that someone tampered steal important data.
The future of Cloud
There are three predictions which are going to be some big uprising in Cloud computing in 2016.
- Hybrid cloud is providing numerous benefits, largely because of its ability to combine the best of both public and private cloud options. It allows to have greater server usage at affordable costs, while allowing to keep more sensitive data on private servers.
- Container technologies is a type of Operating System virtualization that gives enough resources to run an application, without creating conflict with other application containers running on the same machine. CaaS is much more efficient compared to hardware virtualization, so we will keep an eye on the rise of container technologies in 2016.
- Continuous delivery allows applications to be updated from the backend and continuously delivered to end-users. As the complexity of online applications increases, new updates may be required on a daily basis, perhaps even several times a day.
We are going to describe more about these types of cloud in some of the next articles.
The importance of Cloud service has been recognized by SuperAdmins. Offering managed services to Cloud providers is currently one of the main activities of SuperAdmins and certainly, it will continue to be in the future. With our outsourcing services (24/7 infrastructure monitoring, maintenance and support, together with IT projects related to cloud infrastructure), SuperAdmins helps Cloud providers to lower their infrastructure costs, introduce new technologies which they do not support, or simply extend their availability.